Paying for Home Care
Every effort is made to ensure your complete satisfaction, regardless of the services you are receiving. MultiCare is a licensed Medicaid/Medicare provider, and we work with most insurance companies.
For Home Health services, MultiCare will investigate Medicare or your insurance benefits on your behalf.
For Personal Care Services, MultiCare will help guide you with the Medicaid process or investigate your long term care insurance benefits.
The Intake Coordinator will discuss your financial obligations with you and/or the person responsible for your bills. Billing is set up for those paying privately. We do accept Visa and Master Card. Call to speak with the billing department to process a credit card payment.
Veterans, please contact us to learn more about the VA "Improved Pension" program. This may be a timely aid in lowering your home care costs. This program is also available to surviving spouses of veterans.
Individual planning with MultiCare will help you develop the best care plan to optimize your services and out-of-pocket expenses. Our Community Resource Specialist can help assist you in finding the help you need! Call today!
Medicare Home Health Service
- Medicare eligibility required
- Physician orders required
- Patient must be homebound
- Patient must require skilled care, which a doctor has determined to be medically necessary.
- Medicare is billed directly and pays for all eligible services
- Medicaid eligibility required
- Department of Health & Welfare authorization required
- Client must require assistance with either ADL's (activities of daily living) or Skilled Nursing services
- Medicaid is billed directly and pays for all eligible services
- A Client copay may be required as determined by the Department of Health & Welfare and will be billed monthly, to the client, by MultiCare
Insurance Plans & HMO's
- The amount of coverage authorized for home care varies among insurance plans
- MultiCare will verify the services covered and the amount of financial coverage your insurance plan will pay
- MultiCare will file the insurance claims on your behalf
- Patient/family is financially responsible for all services not covered by the insurance plan
- We honor a combination of Medicare and Other Payers
- You can elect to receive addition services beyond what Medicare will pay-- Medicare can pay for some eligible services and you and/or your insurance plan can pay for additional services
- Individual planning with MultiCare will help you develop the best care plan to optimize your services & out of pocket expenses
- In some cases, several insurance plans can be coordinated to cover the cost of home care services
Other Services (Personal Care & Select Custom Services)
- Includes those services not generally requiring a physician's order
- Patient/family is responsible for all charges
- Services can range from 2 hours to 24 hours, and from occasional care, e.g. once a week, to continuous live-in care
- Depending on services required, a deposit equal to one week's care may be required, which will be applied to the last invoice
- The Care Coordinator works with the patient and family to develop a care plan that fits their specific needs
- No charges are made for the nursing assessment visits or supervision of the home care aides
- Bills are sent out monthly for services of less than 40 hours/week -- Services greater than 40 hours/week are billed on a semi- monthly basis
- Payment is due upon receipt of bill